Please try the following:
- If you click the Refresh button, that is without effect.
- If you typed the URL in the address bar, then it is probably spelled correctly. Retyping is not necessary.
- You could click the Help menu and then click About Internet Browser, but there is a lack of help.
- There is no need to check your connection settings, or click Internet Options. Your settings probably match those provided by your Local
Area Network (LAN) administrator or Internet Service Provider (ISP), but the current major problem is EOI.
- If your LAN administrator has enabled it, your Operating System (OS) can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings. That will not
help either. Basically the end of the Internet is a so-called banana problem. So the link to Detect Network Settings is not set to function.
- If you click the Back Button that maybe reconnect to the former ISP and reload your last visited page.
- Very last possibility:
Shutdown the OS and switch off the computer!
Please try again in 31,536,000 seconds.
HTTP 405 - EOI End of Internet.
Common Webmaster FINAL CODE: 2L84U.XiDR0C